I turned disaster into success, when less than 5 yrs after breaking my back in a horse riding accident in the mountains of Italy I qualified as a DRU Yoga teacher yet the hospital consultant had told me I would be in pain for life.
14 months after the accident I walked with a stoop and took pain killers 3 or 4 times a day, no more high heels or dancing for me. It was at this point that the hospital had declared there was nothing more they could do. I then turned to Holistic Therapies and after one treatment of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) I was immediately able to stop taking painkillers and walk upright once more.
I gradually increased my strength and confidence with EFT, Yoga and Reiki Healing, and knew I had to use my teaching experience and skills to introduce a wider audience to these wonderful techniques and practices. Therefore I also qualified as a Life Coach, Advanced Practitioner and Trainer of EFT, Reiki Master Teacher, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner, Colour Psychologist and post graduate DRU Yoga courses in Pre-Natal and Back Care.
I am now delighted to be opening my own yoga studio in the centre Preston, go to DRU Yoga and classes for details.
- DRU Yoga Teacher Diploma – International School of DRU Yoga
- +Post Graduate Diploma Pre-Natal DRU Yoga
- +Post Graduate Diploma DRU Yoga Back Care
- Life Coaching Diploma – Newcastle College
- Emotional Freedom Technique Advanced Practitioner – AAMET
- Emotional Freedom Technique Nationally Accredited Master Trainer – AAMET
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner – American Board of NLP
- Reiki Master Teacher – Usui System of Healing
- Colour Therapy – School of Natural Health Sciences
- As well as my these occupational specific qualifications I have teaching and management specific qualifications:
- MA Post 16 Education and Training Policy
- PGDip Education Management
- Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
- Cert.Ed. (FE)
- HND Hotel Management – Hollings Faculty Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
I began as a trainer whilst employed in the Hotel and Catering Industry over 30 yrs ago which led me to lecturing in colleges and universities in the UK and working in Policy and Development of Education Departments in County Councils.
So I bring a wealth of experience to my work as a trainer as well as a passion for my subjects.
If you would like any more information or to book a class you can call or email me